A cookie is a file containing information that a web server sends to the computer/smartphone/tablet of all those who access the page. It stores and retrieves information about the web browsing performed from that device. Datos.gob.es uses various types of cookies (technical, analytical and social) for the sole purpose of improving user browsing on the website, and they have no advertising or similar intent. Datos.gob.es does not use the cookies to collect any personal data. All the cookies, except one used by the Google Analytics statistical system, are temporary and disappear when the session is ended.
Datos.gob.es uses the cookies specified in the following table:
- Technical cookies are necessary or convenient for providing certain services. If these cookies are deactivated, you may not be able to correctly receive the contents of the website.
- Analytical cookies are for statistical monitoring and analysis of overall user behaviour. If these cookies are deactivated, the website will continue operating, nevertheless the information captured by these cookies on the use of our website and its content enables us to improve our services.
|Google Analytics I||Analytical||Permanent||Third party||Generates a unique user identifier, which is used to count how many times the user visits the site as well as the dates of first and latest access to the website.||Neutral|
|Google Analytics II||Analytical||Temporary||Third party||Records the date and time of access to any of the pages of the site.||Neutral|
|Google Analytics III||Analytical||Temporary||Third party||Checks whether the user session can be kept open or creates a new one.||Neutral|
|Google Analytics IV||Analytical||Temporary||Third party||Identifies the user session, to collect the approximate geographical location of the computer accessing the site for statistical purposes.||Neutral|
|Piwik I||Analytical||Temporary||Own||Gathers information on the session of site users in order to identify statistical information relating to search engines and search terms used, languages used, Internet Service Providers, country of origin of site visitors, browsers and plugins used, referring sites (the previous website visited), duration of the visits, start pages, exit pages, interruption rates, and so on. This information is gathered and used only to improve the use of the website, and is not divulged to any third party.||Neutral|
|Piwik II||Analytical||Temporary||Own||As above||Neutral|
|Social (Addthis, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).||Social||Depends on each social network.|
- configuring their browser; for example:
- Chrome, from http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer, from http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Firefox, from http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari, from http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- There are third party tools, available on-line, that enable users to detect the cookies on each website they visit and to manage their deactivation.